Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Penguin Classics redressed in cloth


I have recently joined a book club which has lead to spending quite a lot of time in bookshops, something which I would never object to! While browsing today I came across a stand of the most beautiful books I have ever seen. Penguin have given their classics a facelift with these superb cloth covers by the jacket illustrator, Coralie Bickford-Smith. The picture above shows some of the selection that is available to buy via the Penguin website. On further investigation I couldn’t find any images of the books I actually saw in the shop but did find the following image, aren’t the colours nothing short of amazing? I would be tempted to buy them just so I possess a rainbow bookshelf…emmmm! *images via Design Sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment